• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zulublue

zulublue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:22 PM

I want to fit a 5 burner gas hob, the width in the unit is 590mm, but most of the 5 burner hobs seem to be 680mm, I have looked at a friends hob today and it looked like the body of the hob fitted in to a smaler unit, leaving about 100mm each side just sitting on the work surface, does anyone know if this is possible to do?

#2 project40

project40

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:38 AM

Most 5 burner - 700mm wide - hobs fit into a standard 600mm cut-out.

#3 Guest_cwatters_*

Guest_cwatters_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:59 PM

Yes in our last kitchen we fitted a 5 ring burner into a 600 wide base unit. All from Ikea. The hob is wider than 600 but only above the work top if you see what I mean. The bit under the worktop fits in the 600 base.

Note: If your are planning to install wall units the space above the hob must be as wide or wider than the hob. Check the building regs for the exact details. You can't a 600 wide cooker hood with cupboards either side. This is because the bottom of the cupboards are too close to the rings.

By the way I suspect many people doing a major kitchen refit now need to make a Building Control Application - eg if moving a cooker point.

#4 whitevan73

whitevan73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:21 PM

Most 700mm hob cut outs are 560 / 490. The flame must not be in line with the underside of your units or too close to a tall unit side. Fitting a gas hob needs notifying to corgi. Even fitting a cooker hood needs to be notified! Soon you will have to notify if you want to take a piss.

Paul