ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

North East Networking Group Starting Soon

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 foxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:32 PM

Hi All,

An associate and I are about to start a networking group in the North East of England for people interested in or involved in Self Building.
The idea will be to create an opportunity for people to meet on a monthly basis to / exchange views /get advice / meet service providers in an informal atmosphere. We will be aiming to try and have a presentation at each of the evening s from someone within the industry on specific areaas of interest possibly Building Control Officers / Council Planning Officers etc.
If anyone is intrested in this type of meeting then pelase email me on dfox@uk2.net with Self Build Network Group as the title and I will provide full details of venue / date /time as soon as they are available.
It is hoped the events will be free to all (although a small cover charge may be made to cover the cost of the venue).

Look forward to hearing from anyone who would be interested in this.

#2 projectmanager

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:19 AM

Good luck with your idea and i support you fully. My name is Charles Britton and am a freelance Project Manager based in Yorkshire. Although at present i am involved in a number of ongoing projects in Yorkshire, I would be quite happy to spend an evening offering advice and help to those of you involved or seeking to be involved within "self build"

I am a C.I.T.B Cirtified Site Manager and have managed projects from New Build housing worth 2.7 Million Pounds through to Social Housing Refurbishments of 1.4 Million Pounds.

At present i freelance for a number of well known Construction Companies and enjoy fully what i do and how i achieve the goals of my clients. "selfbuild" is new area for me (apart from helping a good number of my friends) and i would be interested as a professional to listen to the ideas that "selfbuilders" hold !

Please do get in touch should you confirm any dates for meeting and i will be happy to attend for free.

Good Luck

#3 foxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:55 PM

Hi Project Manager and others.

Date for first self build Netowrk Event now confirmed as Wed 26th April at 7.30pm. To be held at the Sporting Lodge Inn, Yarm Cleveland.

Anyone wishing to confirm their attendance then pleaseemail me on dfox@uk2.net.

#4 treecott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:51 AM

Hi Foxy,

Could you please let me and any other interested parties know if and when the next meeting of your Self build network event will be held. Think it is a good idea from a self-builder point of view.

#5 pamy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:13 AM

I think Foxy is well gone! Maybe if you need local advice on self build in the North East you should go to www.nearzero.co.uk or www.johncotterill.co.uk I have used both and they were very good.

#6 NicolaL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:44 AM

Hello, I'm just wondering if this networking group is still happening in the north east?

#7 joiner

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,718 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

Nicolai, check the dates! ;)