ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Where is the Relay Pack?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cjard

cjard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:12 PM

Others familiar with the toshiba-carrier heat pumps - The ASHP I've got is, apparently, supplied with a box that has a couple of relays in, for controlling the immersion. I've found the command unit that controls the ASHP, cable tied to a refrigerant line inside the housing, but I'm still not sure where the relay box is.. Was yours the same, with supplied componentry intended for installation outside the housing, actually placed inside the housing for transport?

The other thing, and I know yours is now controlled by the 12v lines, but in terms of the supplied command box, what starts the ASHP running? I.e. Where does the call for heat come from? Maybe I missed a page in the install manual but not all of the terminals on the controller were documented.. 4 cores go yo the ASHP, and the ASHP can activate the immersion via relay, but I'm not clear on what drives it all I.e how it knows when to heat, what controls the motorised calve to go from dhw to ch mode etc
Can you remember anything from the time before you implemented another control strategy, re the connectivity?

Edited by joiner, 03 May 2016 - 06:05 AM.

#2 Nickfromwales

Nickfromwales

Short cuts take three times longer.....Fact

• Moderators
  • 8,182 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:58 PM

http://www.ebuild.co...ere-a-man-down/
;)

#3 Alphonsox

Alphonsox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • LocationCounty Down, NI and Forest of Dean, England

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:04 AM

It really depends on the model you have and who you got it from .Mine was supplied with absolutely no control box, relays, pump or expansion vessel.
I posted the full manual for the thing in post 182 of this thread.
http://www.ebuild.co...f/page__st__180

If you have the all singing control unit (33aw-cs or similar) in a simple system then this becomes the thermostat and provides the call for heat.