ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

First Quote For Groundworks....

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 hmpmarketing

hmpmarketing

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:09 PM

View Postjoe90, on 30 April 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

If you lived next door to me I would do it with my JCB as long as you sorted out my bloody laptop!!!! ( I hate computers with avengance, but my iPad is quite good for dummies like me :). )

Damm, I would give you a brand new laptop, forget fixing it!

Update, got another quote from a local contractor, 13K less :)

Edited by hmpmarketing, 02 May 2016 - 04:11 PM.

#22 ProDave

ProDave

Self build in the Highlands

• Moderators
  • 5,960 posts
  • LocationScottish Highlands

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:14 PM

View PostGarry, on 30 April 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

I agree that was the first thing that hit me Over a grand for digging a trench and rolling out a length of alcathene Same with gas and electric
I paid just shy of £900 for the electricity company to pull a cable through a duct I had laid. with the draw string i had left in it, terminate one end in the connection pit I had dug for them, and connect the other end in the meter box I had provided for them.

My neighbour has just got a quote for £600 for doing the same. I think their quoting machine is a random number generator.

#23 declan52

declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

View Posthmpmarketing, on 02 May 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

Damm, I would give you a brand new laptop, forget fixing it!

Update, got another quote from a local contractor, 13K less :)
That's some saving. Make sure you go through both to make sure your comparing apples with apples.

#24 hmpmarketing

hmpmarketing

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

View Postdeclan52, on 02 May 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

That's some saving. Make sure you go through both to make sure your comparing apples with apples.

Yea , scope is similar so lets see how it goes :rolleyes:

#25 stones

stones

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • LocationOrkney

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

View PostProDave, on 02 May 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

I paid just shy of £900 for the electricity company to pull a cable through a duct I had laid. with the draw string i had left in it, terminate one end in the connection pit I had dug for them, and connect the other end in the meter box I had provided for them.

My neighbour has just got a quote for £600 for doing the same. I think their quoting machine is a random number generator.

Just over £900 for me, for the same scenario, although in fairness, they will excavate the last 10 metres themselves to the pole our supply is coming from.

#26 Triassic

Triassic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationCumbria

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

View PostProDave, on 02 May 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

I've just been quoted £1400 for much the same thing, random number generator indeed.....

#27 hmpmarketing

hmpmarketing

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:17 AM

:blink: , or as tony said, they must be "busy"