ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

I Went To The Builders Merchant To Buy Air Tightness Tape.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 declan52

declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:30 AM

The flexible sealant I got from that above link was very sticky. Put a line along the block work and pushed the window tape on to it. As it was blue you could see it spread out so if you missed any bits it was very obvious. As its flexible you can move it to suit the strip that goes onto the window.

#22 frogeye

frogeye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:53 AM

View Postdeclan52, on 30 April 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

The flexible sealant I got from that above link was very sticky. Put a line along the block work and pushed the window tape on to it. As it was blue you could see it spread out so if you missed any bits it was very obvious. As its flexible you can move it to suit the strip that goes onto the window.

Did you need to seal / prime the blockwork before using your blue sticky stuff Declan?

#23 JmS

JmS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:04 AM

Declan, was that the Orcon adhesive you mean? In theory use:

http://www.ecomercha...-solido-sl.html

Or is there a more appropriate tape for window frame to masonry whilst using something like Orcon for the adhesive on to the masonry?

thanks
James

Edited by JmS, 30 April 2016 - 09:05 AM.

#24 declan52

declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

http://www.cleanener...ow-reveal-tape/
This is the tape I used. Has a sticky bit you attach to the frame and the rest you stick to the wall with the fortax 6400 sealant. Link to it on site not working.
Didn't seal the wall as I had a scratch coat over the tape then a wet plaster finish so it was well sealed in.

#25 JmS

JmS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:02 PM

Perfect, will get these bits soon. Thanks declan :)

Declan, did you order the Winflex and fortax from clean energy Ireland or get it from that German site as I can't see where I can actually buy this online?

thanks
James

Edited by JmS, 30 April 2016 - 04:38 PM.

#26 tony51

tony51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:21 PM

View PostTriassic, on 29 April 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

the Brexit team say we'll be better off, because we can get rid of all these silly regulations.

.......and quite right, too.

#27 Crofter

Crofter

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:16 PM

Won't we miss all the Polish plumbers with their low rates and excellent work ethic?

#28 declan52

declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

View PostJmS, on 30 April 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

Perfect, will get these bits soon. Thanks declan :)

Declan, did you order the Winflex and fortax from clean energy Ireland or get it from that German site as I can't see where I can actually buy this online?

thanks
James
Yeah from clean energy Ireland. Got my membrane and the jointing tape from them as well. Send an email to both with a list of what you need and see who works out the best.

#29 joe90

joe90

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:46 PM

View PostCrofter, on 30 April 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

Won't we miss all the Polish plumbers with their low rates and excellent work ethic?

No, because they are already here, no one is talking about sending people home ( back to the country of their origin, home is here )

#30 gravelld

gravelld

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:57 PM

Let's not get political.

#31 Alphonsox

Alphonsox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • LocationCounty Down, NI and Forest of Dean, England

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:11 PM

I imagine the restricting MBC operations in the UK might cause more consternation in these parts ......

#32 jsharris

jsharris

Please ignore all posts by me, some are erroneous

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts
  • LocationWiltshire/Dorset border

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

View PostAlphonsox, on 30 April 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

I imagine the restricting MBC operations in the UK might cause more consternation in these parts ......

Won't make a blind bit of difference. I was at the MBC UK factory yesterday.......................

#33 Alphonsox

Alphonsox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • LocationCounty Down, NI and Forest of Dean, England

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:17 PM

Just means the next MBC whether Irish, French,German or other EU won't get a chance in the UK. The fact that MBC have got a foot in the door before it's slammed shut is irrelevant. MBC are a presence in the UK because of the EU not despite it

Edited by Alphonsox, 30 April 2016 - 09:20 PM.