ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Cost, Ufh Install Plus Plumbing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Busterbenny

Busterbenny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:26 PM

After a lot of dithering about what system to go for we have decided on a grant combi storage boiler, to provide ufh ground floor and rads on first floor, also 2 bathrooms separate toilet and kitchen utility to plumb.

Would 14k sound reasonable to supply install and fit first and second fix all plumbing?? This is ex VAT or should i be looking for some movement on this,

Thanks

#2 PeterW

PeterW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:21 PM

What's the area of UFH..? How many zones ..?

And how many rads ..?

Quote should be zero rated as supply and fit

#3 Busterbenny

Busterbenny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:44 PM

Area for ufh around 115m2 upstairs 5 rads plus one in garage.

3 possibly 4 zones

#4 alexphd1

alexphd1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:17 AM

Oil tank & fuel line supplied and installed? Controls for ufh? Spec of ufh pipe. Material and time all adds up.

#5 cjard

cjard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:51 AM

Good price I'd say. UFH quotes vary a lot, mine was £20/sqm, heating system was 5k, neighbouring property was 5k first fix plumbing, 6k second fix, including tiling, shower trays and all bathroom appliances, similar size to yours. Taking the mix of my property and neighbours, your price id keener, though I expect an oil install is cheaper than a heat pump if not DIYed

#6 Garry

Garry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPreston Lancashire

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:41 AM

View PostBusterbenny, on 28 April 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

After a lot of dithering about what system to go for we have decided on a grant combi storage boiler, to provide ufh ground floor and rads on first floor, also 2 bathrooms separate toilet and kitchen utility to plumb.

Would 14k sound reasonable to supply install and fit first and second fix all plumbing?? This is ex VAT or should i be looking for some movement on this,

Thanks
My UFH quotes are coming out at around 3500k 135 mtrs 5 zones Plus screed and insulation 7k