ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Velfac - Timber Frame (Mbc) Install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Barney12

Barney12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

Hi All

I've been doing some work on this today and as its a subject that has arisen a number of times in other threads so thought is was worth further discussion and input.

As a background: Velfac are very adamant that their windows should not be installed before the render as they cannot guarantee a weather tight seal.

Having spent some time today looking at their standard interface details I can only conclude that it is simply that they don't understand the concept of placing the windows within the timber frame (preventing cold bridging).

You can see their various interfaces drawings here: http://velfac.co.uk/...erface-Details/

Now if you focus on the one for installation into a timber opening. It is quite clear that a weather tight seal can be achieved

Attached File  2016-04-28_15-41-31.jpg   35.73K   20 downloads.

It would then be a simple case of rendering to a stop bead?

So why all the fuss?

Edited by Barney12, 28 April 2016 - 05:18 PM.

#2 Barney12

Barney12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:32 PM

I've just done a quick and dirty sketch to make my point. Timber framed opening with window within it and the all important weather seal.
Then a cavity and block (which is how our build is going to be) and render to a stop bead. Am I missing something?

Attached File  Detail.jpg   34.35K   14 downloads