ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Party Wall Act Needed If Piling Next To New Piled House?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fenman

Fenman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:18 AM

I'm going to have to pile 1.5 Mtrs from my boundary line and a new build is the same distance the other side. The builders have piled the house next door, so I'm within 3 Mtrs but the same ring beam and piles going in ,I won't be any deeper hopefully.
Does any one know if I would have to serve notice?
If so , the builders seem reasonable , I think I would just give a downloaded form and get a reply in the timescale
This is a question I'm wary of asking my surveyor as last time I piled next to strip footings I had a stroppy neighbour who said no to everything and ended up with two surveyors 2 month delay and me paying a huge fee to his mate (surveyor) incidentally I fully agreed with a pwa , piling next to strip footings .,but back to my question , piling next to piled house ? Is pwa needed?
Jeremy

#2 temp

temp

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,200 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:00 AM

As I understand it you would only have to serve notice if your piled foundations have to go deeper then the neighbours piled foundations.