ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Do You Need Public Liability Before Construction?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smithsonator

smithsonator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:25 PM

We should be getting our plot in Scotland very soon, but nothing will happen on site for several weeks. Do you need public liability during this time? I cant imagine that every bit of vacant land is insured this way.

#2 ProDave

ProDave

Self build in the Highlands

• Moderators
  • 5,960 posts
  • LocationScottish Highlands

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:40 PM

Strictly speaking you do, just in case someone injures themself on your plot.

Personally I didn't bother. I took the risk and left my plot uninsured until the actual building work started and it's now covered with a Buildstore self build policy which gives public liability and employers liability insurance (the builders thart built and erected my frame wanted to see my employers liability insurance before they would start)

If you want just simple liability insurance buildstore do a policy for that.

#3 smithsonator

smithsonator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:43 PM

Thanks Dave.

#4 temp

temp

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,200 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:19 PM

I forget who we got our site insurance from but I think it was a single premium policy that lasted two years - so unless your build will take longer than that it might not be a big deal to get the site insurance in place.