ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Getting Rid Of Old Upvc Windows

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JmS

JmS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:23 PM

I've got an old upvc window, non opening huge thing sitting on the driveway that was removed a while ago and no takers on gumtree etc. Can I take it down the tip or do I need to recycle somewhere else? I also have a huge sofa that I need to get rid of and I am hoping I can use the girlfriends step dads trailer but unsure on council tip rules for trailers.

Any helpful tips? ( no pun intended ;) )

Edited by JmS, 23 April 2016 - 05:24 PM.

#2 ProDave

ProDave

Self build in the Highlands

• Moderators
  • 5,960 posts
  • LocationScottish Highlands

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:05 PM

Up here if you take rubbish to the tip recycling cerntre in a trailer, you haver to sign a form to declare that it is personal domestic waste, not trade waste. And of course the form to fill in is NOT available at the tip, you have to download it from the council website.

Post your location, someone might want it. I could do with some windows for a shed.

Edited by ProDave, 23 April 2016 - 06:05 PM.

#3 joe90

joe90

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:15 PM

I have found that all local authorities are different, you will need to look at your councils website to find their rules on what they will accept. South Devon and Bristol are completely different.

#4 mafaldina

mafaldina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationWheal Clifford, Cornwall

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:20 PM

Where is/are your local allotment(s)? They will probably welcome for sheds/coldframes/diy greenhouses.

Or freecycle.

All best
Mafalda

Edited by mafaldina, 23 April 2016 - 06:21 PM.

#5 JmS

JmS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:07 PM

Allotments are close by and got rid of the other windows that way I think

I'm in Nottingham so if anyone is close ish by it is all yours to pick up

Edited by JmS, 23 April 2016 - 09:07 PM.

#6 Triassic

Triassic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationCumbria

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:57 AM

Have you tried Facebook, search for a page/group called "buy, sell, swap, give". It's surprising how quick stuff is snapped up. Our local group has 10,500 members.

#7 JmS

JmS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:57 PM

Well I've found some damage on the frame so will strip the glass out and cut the frame up so it can go in the car to the tip