ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Gse In-Roof Panels - Mounting At Eaves

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Barney12

Barney12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:45 PM

A really quick question ahead of this weekends task.......

My original plan was to mount my array fairly central to the roof but having had a play with spacings etc I'm now favouring mounting them right to the eaves

For those that have done this (I know Jeremy has) did you put any form of Eaves Guard / Eaves protector under the panels to help with the water run off into the gutter?

TIA

#2 jsharris

jsharris

Please ignore all posts by me, some are erroneous

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts
  • LocationWiltshire/Dorset border

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:37 PM

Ours are fitted right down so they drip to the gutter. I added a length of eaves protector strip under the whole run of membrane along the eaves, trailing down to the gutter. You can barely see it under where the PV panels are, and I'm not sure it is really needed, but I'd already put it in there when we made the decision to fit the array lower down the roof, to give more room for a proper slate fit above.

I'm glad we did fit them like this, as it saved a lot of faffing about cutting slates along the lower edge.

#3 Barney12

Barney12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:52 PM

View Postjsharris, on 21 April 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Ours are fitted right down so they drip to the gutter. I added a length of eaves protector strip under the whole run of membrane along the eaves, trailing down to the gutter. You can barely see it under where the PV panels are, and I'm not sure it is really needed, but I'd already put it in there when we made the decision to fit the array lower down the roof, to give more room for a proper slate fit above.

I'm glad we did fit them like this, as it saved a lot of faffing about cutting slates along the lower edge.

Thanks, thats my thinking too.

#4 AliG

AliG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:02 PM

Same plan here, no flashings needed at the bottom and looks neater to have a wider run of tiles above the panels than a narrow run above and below.