ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

We Have A Plot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 steverobinson

steverobinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:13 AM

We have plot available for self/custom build
[another advertising link deleted - please desist from using this forum as a billboard for your business]
thanks steve robinson

Edited by jsharris, 17 April 2016 - 09:51 AM.
advert link deleted

#2 ferdinand

ferdinand

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:02 AM

View Poststeverobinson, on 17 April 2016 - 09:13 AM, said:

We have plot available for self/custom build
[another advertising link deleted - please desist from using this forum as a billboard for your business]
thanks steve robinson

I'm wondering whether there is a spot for a notice board for people selling plots at say £100 a time, to help fund the site (if necessary).

That is not my decision, however.

Ferdinand

Edited by ferdinand, 17 April 2016 - 11:03 AM.

#3 jsharris

jsharris

Please ignore all posts by me, some are erroneous

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts
  • LocationWiltshire/Dorset border

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:11 AM

View Postferdinand, on 17 April 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

I'm wondering whether there is a spot for a notice board for people selling plots at say £100 a time, to help fund the site (if necessary).

That is not my decision, however.

Ferdinand

It's a good point, but in this case the poster was just linking directly to his family building business, and there was no mention at all of any plots for sale on the linked website, just a link to a housing development they are building. In effect the poster was using this site to sell houses they are building, which isn't, in my view, acceptable for a new member who hasn't contributed anything useful to the forum. People could find the houses that this member's family firm are building via the usual advertisements from the estate agency web sites.

Whether we want this site to replicate the services of some of the house and land sales web sites I'm not sure. My personal view is that I think it's very useful to have plots highlighted by trusted members, but probably not that useful to just have plots from any Tom, Dick or Harry advertised here. My experience of plot hunting was that I wasted a great deal of time in going to look at plots that were nothing like their portrayal in adverts, and the whole thing got a bit soul destroying at times. Anything that helps to give a more representative view of a plot would have been welcomed by me, and sometimes there is nothing to beat a bit of local knowledge that a member here can add.

Edited by joiner, 17 April 2016 - 11:54 AM.
Typo: "her" to "here".

#4 joiner

joiner

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,718 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:55 AM

+1

And there is always...

http://www.ebuild.co...-on-the-market/

Edited by joiner, 17 April 2016 - 11:56 AM.