ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Third Time Lucky

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dogman

dogman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWest Berkshire

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:09 AM

Hello everyone

We are about to embark on our third self build. I would say in sunny Berkshire but it feels like its rained non stop for months

We have built twice before, a traditional brick and block and four years ago a SIP house. Both used whatever was flavour of the month in terms of technology.

As i started to read the various posts my initial aim to use SIPS again has changed and i am now firmly in the timber frame passiv house camp

Anyhow will no doubt be asking a lot of stupid questions( what was that quote about questions) and look forward to the replies.

Might even start a blog

Ps planning was approved on Wednesday

Martin

#2 ProDave

ProDave

Self build in the Highlands

• Moderators
  • 5,960 posts
  • LocationScottish Highlands

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:48 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I like your avatar, sometimes I feel like tearing my hair out, only I don't have enough if it to do that.

#3 bitpipe

bitpipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

Welcome, we're in east Berks and are at first fix stage with a timber framed passive house from MBC (with basement). Feel free to PM me for a visit if you want to check it out.

#4 Mikey1980

Mikey1980

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

Hi Martin, welcome we are on the west berks/hant border, feel free to PM if younwant or visit or recomendations for local trades etc depending on where you are.