ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Looking For Brickie To Rebuild Garden Wall - Blackpool - Cost?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ched999uk

ched999uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:50 AM

Someone crashed into our garden wall and drove off! So don't know if the costs to rebuild are worth claiming on insurance with excess and future policy loading.

Trying to find a rough cost to rebuild a garden wall that is double skin 13 courses wide 13 courses high with an additional top row at 90degrees on their end. Don't know if it's more economical to reuse old bricks (don't know name of them but nice smooth maybe engineering bricks) or to dispose of old ones and get new but then they would not match rest of wall!

Wall is in Blackpool. Any ideas of rough costs, I know it's difficult but I have no idea so want a very rough idea before I approach insurance company.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

#2 joiner

joiner

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,718 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:53 AM

:) Hello Ched and welcome.

You may have to wait until someone picks this up, either when they get home or when they have a break and browse through on their smartphone, but you won't be ignored. ;)

#3 jsharris

jsharris

Please ignore all posts by me, some are erroneous

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts
  • LocationWiltshire/Dorset border

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:24 AM

SPONS (http://www.ebuild.co...&attach_id=2363 see page 274) gives the cost of single skin brickwork as being around £60/m2 for supply and lay plain bricks faced both sides. That's a 2014 price, plus there may well be local pricing differences from region to region, plus small jobs will cost a lot more as there's a fixed cost element in travel, equipment etc.

#4 brickie

brickie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:36 AM

Labour wise I'd guess your looking at £200-300-one Brickie & a Labourer for a day but that depends on how much tidying up of what's left of the old wall there is to do,where the new brickwork will meet existing. Any pics?

#5 ched999uk

ched999uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:09 PM

Cheers for all the replies. Here, hopefully are some images.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Anyone know what the name of the bricks are?

Edited by ched999uk, 13 April 2016 - 12:10 PM.

#6 ferdinand

ferdinand

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:02 AM

Prices for comparison:

http://www.whatprice...aying-wall.html