ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Ooops, Sorry, Forgot. Professionalism In (In)Action

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 SteamyTea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,322 posts
  • LocationCornwall

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:20 PM

When I was a student in Bournemouth 35 years ago, we were collecting money for a medical charity (cystic fibrosis). There was an anti animal testing group that caused a lot of upset.
CF life expectancy has increased tremendously in the last 35 years, the anti animal charity think they can cure cancers by singing, but I see they now support animal testing.

Direct action does help highlight issues, and may be important in the early days of a campaign. But I think that it can easily prolong real action. Climate change/environmental campaigners took the wrong track about 43 years ago. If they had put their effort into improving design of technology, rather than blaming profit making organisations (too many people still believe that we can run a car on water but it was stopped by the oil companies), then we may be twenty year ahead of where we are.