ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Spherical Photography

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alphonsox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • LocationCounty Down, NI and Forest of Dean, England

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:07 PM

I may be late on this development but I thought it might be of interest to others who are documenting their build.

Most people are aware of Google street view from its integration with Google Maps - It the bit that shows the real images. You may also be aware of the detailed spherical imaging available for certain interesting places like Stonehenge or Machu Picchu

These are great fun on a PC but really come alive when viewed on a gyro-equipped mobile phone (Most recent higher end Android or Iphones). To take these pics usually requires a photo sphere camera but is possible using the Google Street view app and the same gyro equipped phone. It takes a bit of practice to get a good picture but the final result is worth it. Unfortunately there's no easy way to share the full result tat I can see but the following is the flattened result from my build - Next stop Google Cardboard.

Attached Files

#2 ConstructionChannel

Local Youtuber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • LocationNW Essex

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:20 PM

6:06. is a 360 video camera :o

i assume you need to watch it on something like an oculus rift but pretty crazy hey..

#3 SteamyTea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,322 posts
  • LocationCornwall

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:39 PM

Or you can just spin around while taking video.