ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Hi Everyone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rosanbo

Rosanbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPontypridd

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:24 PM

I live in Pontypridd, aged 47, home owner, no mortgage.
I work full time as does my Partner, we have family in France and Scotland and we own my partner's grandad's cottage in Brittany, which is quite rustic and also could do with some improvements. My username is from Chateau Rosanbo in Brittany.

When I first came to ebuild, I was talking about buying a barn for conversion, I soon dropped out of that deal as it was going to be too much for me and I didn't like the idea of lowering the ground floor to accomodate the upstairs. That barn was in Ynysybwl, Pontypridd, I think it has now been sold.

I am now buying myself a bigger home that I have always wanted, with room to swing the cat, have a decent size garden, driveway and a big workshop. Whilst keeping the existing small end of terrace house and maybe rent that to university students at some point. I may even sell it once it is improved and move onto another project.

I have made an offer which has been accepted, and will soon own my new house. I will say more about it once the house is mine.

I have no professional building qualifications or experience in building except my own attempts at DIY. But I like the idea of doing as much as I can myself.

NickfromWales, where are you based?

Edited by Rosanbo, 07 March 2016 - 10:35 PM.

#2 Nickfromwales

Nickfromwales

Short cuts take three times longer.....Fact

• Moderators
  • 8,182 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:13 AM

I'm in Swansea ;)
Not a Swansea Jack but am surrounded by them :D, ( I had the 'sport gland' removed at birth. :ph34r: ) as the only balls I want to see being kicked belong to Justin Beiber :angry: .
I see your just about close enough for me swing by for a bowl of cawl :).
Regards, Nick.

Edited by Nickfromwales, 08 March 2016 - 12:15 AM.

#3 joiner

joiner

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,718 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:44 AM

First time anyone's actually had to ask where Nick lives. Most people just walk towards where everyone else is running away from. :D

What? :rolleyes: