ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Hello From Joiner In Northumberland

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JamesIFH

JamesIFH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:52 AM

To introduce my self, we have just got planning permission to build our home and work shop, in a rural area, it tock over 2 years from the first idea to do it. I want a home that is very easy to heat and not expensive to run so as to reduce as much as possible our out goings, and then have some where to work from for ever. We have some where close to where we live now.
I am a self employed joiner, and end up doing all sorts of work, most of which I would do for free but we need to live.
I have found this forum very interesting as I have been watching the planning page for a while , and thank you in advance for the help I will get. I just have to get the drawings finished, and get on with it, next building control, and I have met the officer who will be dealing with me and he was very helpful.

Edited by joiner, 02 March 2016 - 01:15 PM.
"while" for "wile"

#2 notnickclegg

notnickclegg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationHampshire/Surrey Borders

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:28 PM

Welcome James! Sounds like you have great project on your hands.

Jack

#3 ProDave

ProDave

Self build in the Highlands

• Moderators
  • 5,960 posts
  • LocationScottish Highlands

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:43 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I know some parts of Northumberland quite well as we have relatives there. I wonder where you are?