ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Cost For Triple Garage ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rosanbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPontypridd

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:01 PM

I hope you don't mind me asking this

that listing on rightmove is now defunct but the pictures still work, if you go to the next page of pictures you will see a triple garage click on that to make it bigger.

It has stairs going up the side to the top floor, I'm not sure if I would have an upstairs floor like that but how much would it cost to get a builder to build something like that? If it was not residential but just a garage and a storage area upstairs.

#2 Nickfromwales

Short cuts take three times longer.....Fact

• Moderators
  • 8,182 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:08 PM

You'll have to decide whether you want a room-in-roof as that one has before even getting close to some answers. It will totally change ( bump up ) the remit and subsequent cost if so. A triple garage with basic roof structure would come in far cheaper. ;)
Will it be subject to PP and BC?
Regards, nick.

#3 ferdinand

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:20 AM

That one looks like 60-100k, depending on umpteen variables.

#4 CC45

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationShropshire

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:23 AM

V min 30K - that's what ours cost - more £ to go yet, I've done most of the graft.

#5 Rosanbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPontypridd

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:44 PM

Is there anywhere to get ideas for size and plans for a garage, for free?

How much will an architect charge for plans for a garage...ball park figure?

Does the Architect help with the planning application (assuming PP is required)

I have decided, as I am in Wales, that my garage will be faced with real welsh stone and topped with slate roof.

I want it to be big enough for at least 2 cars AND a work area which will be at least the size of a car, but then I will also need room for gardening tools and lawnmowers so maybe even bigger than this.

My garden is huge (by my standards) and can easily accomodate such a sizeable garage.

I may decide for a single central door for the cars to go in if I can then shuffle the first car over to one side, the second car can then park in the middle and the other side of the doorway can be the work area. A single door way will minimise heat loss in winter.

#6 slidersx200

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationCounty Down, NI

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:58 PM

Our 12x6m (internal) two storey garage is forecast at about £40k. Over £4k of that is hardwood doors, rollers or up and overs would have been much cheaper.

The upstairs is insulated to a modest standard and we'll have a WC under the stairs and another basin in the garage. Steps will be clad in local fieldstone when I get time.

Attached File  2016-02-29 18.11.29.jpg   29.06K   5 downloads

Edited by slidersx200, 07 March 2016 - 10:59 PM.

#7 joe90

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

My garage is 9 x 7.4 meters, block work, low pitch metal roof, not got a cost but recon it will cost £ 10k ( some work done myself) I did the plans myself after an architect cocked it up :(

Edited by joe90, 08 March 2016 - 10:19 AM.

#8 Redoctober

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationMilton Keynes

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

As an alternative to a brick and block build and to get an idea of what designs are available, you may wish to search via the internet, Oak framed / timber framed garages.
Plenty of companies offering such structures.