ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

RHI Scheme Is In Trouble In Northern Ireland

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 declan52

declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

It's not paid on how much you use. It's paid based on whatever your epc says you need. So if you use more than it says you should be using then you have to pay up.

#42 Trw144

Trw144

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:05 PM

I can guarantee the issue lies in the commercial part of the scheme where it's based on what you produce.

#43 declan52

declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:11 PM

Ok fair enough didn't know that's how the non domestic side worked. Just asking to be abused then.
I know there are lots of golf courses here that have large scale biomass as their heating and they must beaking a mint.

#44 Trw144

Trw144

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:18 PM

I believe a cap/tier system was introduced in November but I think by then the horse had bolted so to speak. Certainly not good for those who have paid deposits or who are part way through an installation - they are the ones who are really screwed over by NI assemblies lack of policy thought. I d be looking for some sort of class action lawsuit if it were me.

Edited by Trw144, 09 February 2016 - 08:22 PM.

#45 Cs111

Cs111

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:12 PM

I see ofgem are going to investigate 1 in 10 installs, def some frauding going on somewhere
It seems the business sector has bleed the system dry and the ordinary man on the street loses out again
Like local factories who are making a mint with owners in their mansions with a Ferrari or 2 in the garage yet they get 'help' with funding etc. To improve their business. Come on .....

#46 declan52

declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

Conor McCauley from BBC news line is doing a bit on the news tonight about rhi going by his twitter feed.

#47 declan52

declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:54 PM

Gd report on how quickly they are pulling the plug. Next Wednesday was mentioned about a vote to close the scheme. One business will be out £2m over lost contracts. No mention over the fraud happening with the scheme though.

#48 Cs111

Cs111

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:50 PM

Yea I know that guy from bellaghy, see he said the current work force of 28 will be cut to 14
Something doesn't add up with the whole thing. How they didn't see this coming is beyond me. Giving people 1 weeks notice is disgusting for want of a better word. Houses all over the county sitting with various systems in situ, without the epc they can't complete the paperwork
Stormont have the final vote next week but I guess they have no choice unless the mainland step in with more funds, yea yea....

#49 gravelld

gravelld

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:53 PM

View PostTrw144, on 09 February 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

I can guarantee the issue lies in the commercial part of the scheme where it's based on what you produce.
A salesman tried to convince me to get a biomass boiler on the commercial RHI, saying that if I designated my annexed as being where all my company business was done it would be fine.

We should be building houses to require next to no heating, and fixing existing houses, not paying up for rich people to burn down a forest just to heat their mansion.

#50 declan52

declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:53 PM

Of the phone today to the rhi people and as long as you are in and have got your rhi application number then when the scheme gets shut next week you are OK. Lady was so helpful I have to say. Took ages to sort through her inbox to find my email, they have been inundated with emails and phone calls.

#51 DeeJunFan

DeeJunFan

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationNewry, Co. Down

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:16 PM

At least they are going to honour existing applications.

Hopefully they honour the 7 years payments

#52 Cs111

Cs111

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:55 PM

Extending the applications now until the 29th feb
That makes all the difference
All is forgiven .......

Edited by Cs111, 11 February 2016 - 10:55 PM.

#53 declan52

declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:26 PM

View PostCs111, on 11 February 2016 - 10:55 PM, said:

Extending the applications now until the 29th feb
That makes all the difference
All is forgiven .......
Will you have your epc done by then.

#54 Cs111

Cs111

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:40 PM

Sorry mate. Was being sarcastic, not a chance unfortunately
Seems to be boiling down to taking the hit of £3.5k and forget the 7 year payback on the gshp or going the oil and log burner with back boiler route. Have access to quite alot of wood

#55 declan52

declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:12 PM

Can you work it out cost wise for the next 25 years. All the cost for your gshp is at the start and very little after that. Oil will be smaller up front but you will be paying for oil each year.
What about an ashp and a stove with a back boiler. Cheaper upfront with the backup a stove will give you if you have access to wood.

#56 Cs111

Cs111

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:45 PM

Actually not a massive difference between the ashp and gshp. Boils down to oil or gshp. Its knowing when oil would get back to the $100+ region.
As it stands now oil would need to double in price to roughly be at the same cost per kw of the gshp, not inc the difference in install costs.
I have a different plumber coming out this week to quote for an oil install, after that I need to do some number crunching and make a decision.

#57 slidersx200

slidersx200

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationCounty Down, NI

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:54 PM

Is mains gas due to be installed in your area anytime in the near future?

A few months ago it was announced that it would be passing our gate, but an actual date hasn't been set yet. This news has now made it a three way race between ashp, oil or gas (boiler running on LPG until mains gas installed).

#58 Cs111

Cs111

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:56 PM

Gas is coming to the town but I'm about mile and a half out of town unfortunately, not sure how I could find out the exact route the pipes would be going but doubt very much if they would pass by our build

#59 Alphonsox

Alphonsox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • LocationCounty Down, NI and Forest of Dean, England

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

More on the Sunday Politics show today - lots of hand wringing and finger pointing as usual. There's a vote tomorrow apparently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...reland-14022016

(46 Mins in)

#60 declan52

declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:56 PM

So the long and short of it is that it's no ones fault here definitely not the minster or any civil servants. The chancellor shafted us all!!
What civil servant thought it would be a good idea to tell the minister in July important information about stuff that matters and has nothing to do with parades flags or protests. Really should know the country stops functioning between June and august.