ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Pointing Out Potential Plots?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ferdinand

ferdinand

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:32 AM

Is there a place on ebuild for doing this, and are there rules?

We all know that finding plots is notoriously difficult, and there are not many useful sources.

Do we have plot hunters on ebuild? I bet a lot are lurking.

I saw a self-build / renovate plot yesterday that could potentially be of interest - about 800sqm or so behind a row of terraces with a 2 bed extended det. house on it that looks like a probate left for a few years that could be demolished or perhaps renovated for £25k-50k and lots of time. On the Notts / Derbys borders. Also a plot on the frontage which would be useable for a small detached house at the end of a terrace.

It is not of interest to me, and I am happy to tell anyone by PM, but if I wanted to flag that up as a possibility generally, how would I do it, and how would such a mechanism, if acceptable, be kept clear from commercial spam? A pre-moderated, read only, noticeboard only posted to by known members?

Potentially a very useful feature, but needs to be discussed.

Ferdinand

Edited by ferdinand, 03 February 2016 - 10:47 AM.

#2 Triassic

Triassic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationCumbria

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

Why not put details on here.

#3 sketch3d

sketch3d

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationMilton Keynes

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:08 PM

That would be handy to share leads on sites, I am assuming there are some builder/landlords on this site as well who could expand their portfolios by adding value to land. (Although some sites are just too expensive)

#4 ferdinand

ferdinand

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostTriassic, on 03 February 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

Why not put details on here.

Agree with that, but I think the admins may want to tease out the issues before coming to a view.

I think a noticeboard with posting rights only for people with more than X "likes" might be one easy way of keeping Spam at bay, but there are others ways.

F

Edited by ferdinand, 03 February 2016 - 12:53 PM.

#5 Mackers

Mackers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationBanbridge

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:14 PM

Sounds like a great idea. I'd very much like it and would put any up if I spotted them

#6 Triassic

Triassic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationCumbria

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:09 PM

A plot of land is nothing more than another product, I'm sure anyone trying to push plots as part of commercial sale would soon be spotted and dealt with.

#7 ProDave

ProDave

Self build in the Highlands

• Moderators
  • 5,960 posts
  • LocationScottish Highlands

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

To highlight the difference between here and other parts of the UK, there are plenty of plots here

http://www.hspc.co.u...searchtype=form

Just put "plot" into one of the search boxes and press search. Plots from £28K upwards

It's no accident that there are a lot of self builders up here because finding a plot here is nowhere near as hard as down south.

#8 Roger440

Roger440

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:32 PM

View PostProDave, on 03 February 2016 - 06:57 PM, said:

To highlight the difference between here and other parts of the UK, there are plenty of plots here

http://www.hspc.co.u...searchtype=form

Just put "plot" into one of the search boxes and press search. Plots from £28K upwards

It's no accident that there are a lot of self builders up here because finding a plot here is nowhere near as hard as down south.

No. no, no, stop it :)

#9 ferdinand

ferdinand

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:14 AM

As a trial I'll start a thread under the Plots subforum for the morning.

Unless an admin says not.

Ferdinand

#10 Triassic

Triassic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationCumbria

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:30 AM

Plot in Cumbria, local occupancy requirement, http://www.lakedistr...rch Results</a>

#11 ferdinand

ferdinand

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

New "Plots spotted" thread is here:

http://www.ebuild.co...-on-the-market/