ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Hello One And All

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 ThomasFroehlich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:33 AM

MBC is normally not getting involved with buying the windows. We have done 5 jobs with them where the windows where bought by the customer directly and supplied and fitted by the window company of their choice. Just be aware if it comes to the supply and install of the air-tightness foil. In our cases MBC has done the job but the window company has priced for it as well. Just making sure you dont pay twice.

Edited by joiner, 24 January 2016 - 09:11 AM.
"choice" for "joice"

#22 jsharris

Please ignore all posts by me, some are erroneous

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts
  • LocationWiltshire/Dorset border

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:18 AM

View Postultramods, on 24 January 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

Thank you guys for the info.

I had previously read the various threads relating to the pros and cons of Muster joiner. However I thought if MBC were buying the windows direct from Munster that it may be a different scenario, compared with a self builder trying to deal with them.

I will contact MBC and see what they say.

The normal arrangement (if you choose Munster) is that you contract directly with Munster but MBC will coordinate with them. Certainly MBC stepped in quickly to help me when Munster were being their less than helpful selves.

#23 ultramods

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:24 PM

thank you both.