ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

3rd Build Shortly , But Still A Novice!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fenman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:13 PM

Hi guys, just now putting in for planning ,last time we built was 2007 and I can't believe how much things have changed! Air source, kingspan in the walls!
We are now in the process of buying a nice large plot in Cambridgeshire and would hope to be starting to build this summer ,with the joys of living on site in a caravan.
My first question would be about bricks ,I've been to a building supplier today and the sort of brick I would like is around the £400 mark has anyone saved much money going to the online brick suppliers?

Edited by joiner, 19 January 2016 - 10:20 PM.

#2 joiner

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,718 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:21 PM

:) Welcome. Might be a bit late for most people to respond, but things should pick up later. ;)

#3 PeterW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:16 PM

£400 per thousand or per pack...??

Per 1000 doesn't seem too bad..??

#4 joe90

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:34 PM

Interesting, I was looking at bricks today, try. http://www.huwsgray.co.uk/bricks/

#5 ThomasFroehlich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:18 AM

Try www.Wienerberger.co.uk

#6 Fenman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for the tips guys, I've done a price comparison on bricks these direct suppliers sell with the local builder merchants and I reckon it's a £40 difference on the bricks I've chosen ( pack size 730) On a 25,000 delivery . Potential for a £1000+ I'm my pocket!