ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Mini Digger - How To Buy, What To Look For

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 jsharris

jsharris

Please ignore all posts by me, some are erroneous

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts
  • LocationWiltshire/Dorset border

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:50 PM

View Postrecoveringacademic, on 06 January 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

Restores faith in humanity stuff like that, Jeremy.....

I always remember it whenever I hear anti-Muslim rhetoric, as a reminder that there are good and bad people of all faiths. This taxi driver was a fantastic ambassador for his country, and for his faith. The only sad part is that when we got back inside the hotel compound at Luxor and related the tale of our adventure to one of the bar staff (an Australian girl, as it happens) she was truly shocked and asked if we'd been told that using the "people's ferry" was very, very dangerous and we shouldn't have done it.

I wouldn't have missed it for the world, it was one of the most enjoyable days of our holiday, probably second only to the day when we all hired bikes and decided to ride out of Luxor along the road that runs along the side of the Nile. We stopped for a cold drink in a small village and were again treated to fantastic hospitality. We stayed drinking tea until the village headman came along to give us the guided tour of his village, showing us with great pride, the single communal television set they had set up in the village square for all to watch the football. Sadly, it seemed almost everyone in that village was a Manchester United supporter, which didn't go down that well with our friends from Bolton...................

#22 sketch3d

sketch3d

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationMilton Keynes

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:21 AM

The Egyptians are awesome people, its a shame the country have had all that internal turmoil or I would have gone again. Doing stupid things with boats reminds me of my youth.

#23 PeterW

PeterW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:14 AM

Oooh Ian....

You know you want to.....

https://www.eddisons...22-a5b6009e44f5