ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Newbie From Newbury - Extension Plan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Newbury20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:20 PM

Very new to this site so here goes!

I have planing permission granted for a 9m x 5m two storey (flat roof) modern extension to the rear of our 1930's property. Our plan is to clad the first floor in cedar and render the ground floor with the majority of the ground floor being glazed with eithe sliding or bi fold doors.

My big dilemma is what to build it in! I am currently leaning to SIP's as I seem to see lots of great feedback on it. Views please.

We are about to go out to a number of builders to quote but as a complete amateur to this level of investment I don't know what the costs will be like.

Can anyone suggest any articles or web sites to help or can advise?

#2 tonyshouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
  • LocationThames Valley

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

What is the house built from? Follow that but better insulated

#3 joiner

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,718 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:15 AM

:) Welcome, Newbury20.

As the query is a pretty general one with no specifics (outside of asking for comments on SIPs), all I can suggest is that you spend more time looking through the hundreds of posts on here, having used the search facility at the top of the page, making sure that "Forums" is highlighted.

If you find a member who is doing something similar to what you intend then click on their name which will take you to their profile, where you can click 'Find content' to look through both the posts on their specific project and any comments they've made on other people's jobs that are related to their own.