ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Could An Alternative Roof Be Built?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 niqx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:46 PM

I would appreciate some advice regarding a property we are buying. It has had some quirky extensions in the past. An extension with a pitched roof, which now completely blocks the upstairs bedroom window. It later had a brick conservatory added with a plastic roof. I appreciate it may be tricky to judge from the photo alone, but I am wondering if it would be possible to replace both roofs with one large flat (or alternative) roof instead? Or replace both roofs individually. Could a flat roof be replaced where the pitched one currently is? This would therefore allow the upstairs bedroom to have a view of something other than the pitched roof! Additionally, although I appreciate it is difficult, if anyone could provide an indication of cost I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

Edited by niqx, 06 November 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#2 ProDave

Self build in the Highlands

• Moderators
  • 5,960 posts
  • LocationScottish Highlands

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:50 PM

Isn't this the same question as before? http://www.ebuild.co...ternative +roof

#3 jsharris

Please ignore all posts by me, some are erroneous

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts
  • LocationWiltshire/Dorset border

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:02 PM

Perhaps best to look at the replies to the first time you asked this question, as several offered advice and asked you some further questions there in order to try and help you.

If you reply on the original thread I'll delete this one to avoid cluttering the place up with duplicate threads.