It struck me that a design for a simple low cost version could be very useful for members including myself. Quite a few times recently, I've found myself with an arm in a hole holding onto a camera and snapping in off in all directions on the off-chance that I got a pic looking in the right direction at whatever I was trying to get a look at. My watching J's videos of his borehole has convinced my that I need something similar for my build so what?
- I don't think it needs to be water proof but water and knock resistance would be a good idea.
- The head needs to incorporate a reasonably wide angle camera and 4-10W of LED lights.
- I want a working diameter of 40mm or less for the head and simple wiring (e.g. simple length of usb or cat5 cable) with a cable length of up to 5m say, possibly supported in garden hose of something similar to give it a bit of stiffness for feeding into cavities.
- I want video rather than stills, and a means of displaying the picture in real time.
- The ability to record the footage would be highly desirable.
You can even get an IP67 waterproof one for £18 (but not 2 bar as Jeremy's design!); still waterproof enough for Nick to push it round a U bend. I am going to order one (not sure which yet) and report back.
PS. Jan did suggest my trying it on one of my orifices, but then I'd really be in the sh!t.
Edited by TerryE, 23 August 2015 - 10:54 PM.