ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Adding Value

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 npatel

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:03 PM

Can anyone recommend home improvements that will add value to my home?
I have around £10,000 to spend and want to know what improvement will bring the most value to my home.

Edited by npatel, 24 July 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#2 Redoctober

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationMilton Keynes

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:21 PM

Hi and welcome - I'm sure your question can be answered but would imagine some more detail would be useful - Such as current number of bedrooms / reception rooms / kitchen / diner ? Utility room ? - What type of house is it and what are the other houses in your street like - What is the likely top market value of the house on the street and what does that have to offer above and beyond yours?
Finally a deciding factor may also be what work if any you would be able to do as labour costs could eat into that budget depending on your chosen budget.

Anyway, sit back but hold on tight! :) What ever you choose should be enjoyable.

Edited by Redoctober, 24 July 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#3 ProDave

Self build in the Highlands

• Moderators
  • 5,960 posts
  • LocationScottish Highlands

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:30 PM

At that level of spend probably a new kitchen, new bathroom, new central heating. But you might already have those.

Double glazing, a garage? Off road parking if it is only on street at the moment etc.

As above we really need to know more about your house, what it is, what it has got, what potential it has etc.

#4 joiner

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,718 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

:) Welcome.

As intimated... add value to what?

We really need a baseline from which to start. ;)

#5 declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:36 PM

Don't just blow £10,000 on something to maximise added value spend it on something to make your time spent there more worthwhile. Is your kitchen old or not enough bench space. What about the heating system how is it working. Double glazing makes some difference to the feel of a house in winter.