Recently I have purchased not finished country house in small village around 30 min to the city. Before I move on with the final parts of the build I am seeking an advice if any adjustments to the build are possible.
I would like to keep the house in balance with the area but also modernise the house so the house does not look so old-fashioned. If possible, I would like to:
1. Adjust windows, make them bigger which means the house will be brighter and warmer (using triple glassing)
2. Extend left ground floor a little bit (1 -1.5m) to give it a little bit modern look with big windows from top to bottom. This would also create small balcony on the 1st floor.
Please note, I haven’t done the survey yet also I haven’t seen any architect. I also wonder if Building Control and Regulations Bureau or Planning Permission Bureau would not have any issues with me presenting these changes to the current build.
I have attached few photographs of the house:
1. http://i.imgur.com/lS1hxr8.jpg - front
2. http://i.imgur.com/OgWLTcG.png - 1st floor
3. http://i.imgur.com/ICvFhGz.png - ground floor
Another step would be to correct ground floor as well. I prefer to have more open space so I will get rid of 1-2 walls or... make doors wider.
I would really like to make this house a little bit more modern, what do you think about my ideas, would it be possible?
Edited by taxianimal, 24 July 2015 - 02:30 PM.