ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

DIY Kid's Playhouse

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 daiking

daiking

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  • LocationSouth Manchester

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:29 PM

I'd been building up a stash of wood, had old the old.roofing battens etc.

Well I did till one day I came home last week to find the builder is a Pyromaniac intent on burning anything and burying everything else. @!##.

Edited by daiking, 17 October 2015 - 07:30 PM.

#22 daiking

daiking

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:08 PM

Got a fairly substantial plyhouse from someone locally. Just need a van to bring it over and then prepare a bit of ground for it.

#23 Onoff

Onoff

My pressures!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

View Postdaiking, on 29 February 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

Got a fairly substantial plyhouse from someone locally. Just need a van to bring it over and then prepare a bit of ground for it.

So you chickened out! Still saves the "to do" list getting longer! :lol: You can use all that collected timber for a man cave!

Freudian silp? Playhouse / plyhouse? Is it in in fact a ply playhouse?

#24 daiking

daiking

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

Ply was a typo.

It's not a chicken out, just an opportunity that was better to take. I lost a lot of wood in the great October fire. And due to complete disorganisation I lost a load of floorboards and doors after that. So this is better.

Now the light and weather are getting better, I'm going to need to prepare a bit of ground for it. It has corner posts an 1800 square. Will probably be sat on paving slabs to start with.

If i ever get it home that is

#25 declan52

declan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • LocationCo. armagh

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:19 PM

None of them man with a van fellas near you. A couple of quid for delivery and a hand to carry it round the back.

#26 daiking

daiking

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:29 PM

Loads but market forces dictate it costs only marginally less than hiring a van yourself with none of the fun of driving it.

We are trying to quickly identify anything big we need a van for and see if it's worth it.

The vendor suggests putting the pieces on a roof rack.

#27 Nickfromwales

Nickfromwales

Short cuts take three times longer.....Fact

• Moderators
  • 8,182 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:35 PM

What YouTube was invented for
:D

#28 daiking

daiking

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:05 PM

View PostNickfromwales, on 29 February 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

What YouTube was invented for
:D

the house part has split down into 7 flat sections that are normally 1800x1200 max, the problem is the 1800x1800x1000 base it sits on. Unfortunately it did not want to come apart but we conveniently cut the main spars in half. so now I only has a 1800x900x1000 shaped problem.

#29 daiking

daiking

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:00 PM

Roped in some help today and got this up again. Just need to felt the roof tomorrow and hope it doesn't rain again.

I was going to replace the roof with new osb but 6weeks in the dry and it looks alright. New roof felt and it'll be fine until the boys outgrow it.

Used a couple of these to fix the base http://www.toolstati...rt.html?p=13819 Can't get them on the inside unless I get the down so I might screw in a short length of 3x2.

Edited by daiking, 23 April 2016 - 07:03 PM.