ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Help And Advise Needed Please! :-)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bean78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:07 AM

Hi all (wave)

I'm pretty new to all of this build malarkey, I have renovated a small flat, but I've gone one step further with this new one!

I have just bought a 1927 semi in Manchester. Its been empty for 7 years (with no heating) and its last occupant was a 101 year old! Nothing seems to have been done in years (it still has the original windows in and the glass doesn't really fit the frame anymore!). Its really quite dilapidated, but with bags of potential! A hidden gem!

I pretty much know what needs doing and we've done as much as we can ourselves. The heating system (I use the term loosely), the old kitchen and bathroom have been removed. The plaster 1m up on the ground floor has been removed ready for a damp course and the walls and ceilings have been stripped. We've now run out of stuff we can do :( and waiting on quotes from traders. We have looked at dishing out in one lot, but think we will do the extension as one and then piecemeal the other structural stuff.

My request to you lovely lot on here is.....

I have attached the 'works' which need doing (see .doc), but was wondering if someone can let me know what would be (in your opinion) the best order to tackle things.... I know you start from the top, so the roof is first, but then which order is best for the pointing, new windows, wall ties, damp course etc.....?

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it! Thanks for reading :)

Have a great day now.

Attached Files

Edited by joiner, 17 July 2015 - 04:42 PM.
Typos and formatting

#2 joiner

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,718 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

:) Welcome.

I've deleted the other thread to avoid splitting the responses. ;)

Edited by joiner, 17 July 2015 - 04:44 PM.