ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Ongoing Issues With Neighbour

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 temp

temp

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,200 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:58 PM

+1

I would be very surprised if they took enforcement action. I think there is a very strong case that this is Permitted Development if not covered by your PP.

#42 ferdinand

ferdinand

Advanced Member

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:04 PM

Of course you will attach your last couple of panels in a manner that can be easily de attached, and leave that for the first few months or so...

Ferdinand

Edited by ferdinand, 12 October 2015 - 08:04 PM.

#43 Calvinmiddle

Calvinmiddle

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationHerts/Beds border (Letchworth area)

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:50 PM

POPULAR

Just to update this post, got a call from the council's Enforcement Officer today, he told me that when he presented the case to his boss she took the view that the condition was to build a 2m fence right out to the highjway and the diagram was only an addition to the wording and she thought the wording was clear.

When asked if I didn't build it out to the highway and reduced the first panel would they take enforcement action against me he said that no they wouldn't, of course I will have to get that in writing.

He than asked if i wanted him to feed back to the complainant that the fence might be reduced in height I said no I didn't, and that he should go back and tell that person what his boss's interpretation of the clause meant.

He chuckled at that and said he understood and had read the case file, he said if he got any more compliants that he would give me the heads up but asked that I understand then he was duty bound to investigate them. Fair enough I said as long as they know he is just using them to get at me.

#44 temp

temp

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,200 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:43 AM

Jolly good.

#45 curlewhouse

curlewhouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:51 PM

Sounds like the officer is politely telling you without dropping himself in it, that he understands the cr*p your having to deal with and that he is duty bound to at least be seen to going through the motions. I don't suppose councils enjoy the Victor Meldrews contacting them whingeing every five minutes any more than their victims do. I worked for a police force for many years and theres one of these guys in most streets - have to admit it is invariably male, and there is a pretty common profile - usually of a certain age, often early retired from a supervisory role (usually imagined to be more important than it was), and will have a long history of comlaining to his council, the police, his MP and god knows how many private organisations over and over. It's a cliche, but it is because these guys quite literally often have nothing better to do. If he gets something like a parking ticket, he will still be writing whingeing about it 5 years later :-)

Edited by curlewhouse, 29 October 2015 - 01:51 PM.