ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

First Extension Coming Up Soon!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ash123

ash123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:37 PM

Hey guys we'll be starting our first project in a matter of months and with no experience behind us this will be a very challenging to say the least!

We'll be extending our bungalow to create a 2 story house so we've joined this forum to gain some knowledge to prepare us for the road ahead..

Please see attached the plans of existing and proposed drawings and below for some questions that would help us-

1. Approximatly what sort of quotes should I be receiving for first fix

2. Having no experience would you guys recommend using a company such as Proquant or Estimators-online etc if so could you share how this helped with your projects

3. Is there anything in the plans you guys would do differently

4. Would anyone advise I project manage this myself and employ different tradesmen

5. Is there any cheaper way of having the meters moved! been quoted over £2000 for gas and elec

Any input would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Ash

Attached Files

#2 Alphonsox

Alphonsox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • LocationCounty Down, NI and Forest of Dean, England

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:19 PM

The SPONS costing guide may help - Jeremy has posted it a few times in the past, try this thread for starters.

http://www.ebuild.co...ons#entry114767

#3 ash123

ash123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:09 AM

View PostAlphonsox, on 17 June 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

The SPONS costing guide may help - Jeremy has posted it a few times in the past, try this thread for starters.

http://www.ebuild.co...ons#entry114767

Thanks you for your reply much appreciated.