ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

BBC 'Moneybox' On Self Build

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 bitpipe

bitpipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:09 AM

Knowing a little on how the credit scoring industry works, it's highly automated so I doubt there'd be much checking.

Do you proactively check your credit rating with the various agencies (noddle.co.uk is free, creditexpert.co.uk is chargeable but has a free intro period)?

It's good practice and an ideal way to see if your history is good and accurate and also an early warning that your identity has been compromised by fraudsters.

#22 jsharris

jsharris

Please ignore all posts by me, some are erroneous

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts
  • LocationWiltshire/Dorset border

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:27 AM

I did do a check with Experian, as the building society flagged up an anomaly over a loan, and I knew I'd not had a loan at all in the past ten years or more. Experian gave some crazy numerical score (999 I think) and showed nothing about any loan, so I sent the building society the Experian report and they seemed happy that their search had thrown up an anomaly of some kind.

I suspect your right about it being a box ticking exercise, with selecting "retired" in the occupation box raising a red flag to ask more questions!

#23 bitpipe

bitpipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:32 AM

999 is as good as it gets.

Applying for new (non savings) bank accounts, credit cards, mortgages, loans etc can pull your score down temporarily until you re-establish good credit history with the new products.

Is 'blogger' a recognised occupation yet?

#24 warby

warby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:35 AM

Suggested name for your book: JSHARRIS = Just So Happy Advancing Radical Research In Science

Edited by warby, 02 June 2015 - 10:35 AM.