ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tonyshouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
  • LocationThames Valley

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

Why don't I get directed to the point in the threads that I last visited?

The system always takes me back to square one, do I need to change my setting or is it your system?

#2 joiner

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,718 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

It's the system. :)

#3 jsharris

Please ignore all posts by me, some are erroneous

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts
  • LocationWiltshire/Dorset border

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

One thing you can do is set a bookmark to this link: http://www.ebuild.co...arch_app=forums and use that to access the forum. That way you only get a list of the latest topics that have been added to since you last looked at them, rather than having to check each topic.

I find it useful, YMMV.

#4 TerryE

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationSouth Northants

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

There's also a similar search query if you use the tonyshouse->My Contentwhich does what it says (you can set in your preferences whether you see a list of any topics that you've posted on or just the ones that you initiated.)

In either of these listings you can dwell over a topic title, and you will see a little down arrow appear. Click this and you'll get a drop down summary of the first and last couple of posts for that topic. You can either go to the topic; go to the first post in the topic that you haven't read; close the summary; or just mark it as read if the summary is good enough.

Hope this helps :)