ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Tonight's Restoration Man - Fearn

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 DavidWright

DavidWright

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:40 PM

Didn't psot this when first posted...

View PostProDave, on 22 January 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

...but they commented the runways had gone and crops were growing where they used to be. Strange that as every other disused airfield I have seen still has the runways present as the cost and effort of removing them must be immense.
In the 1970's (height of motorway & dual carriage way building?) quite a few old RAF stations in Lincolnshire had the old runways dug up, crushed and used for road base. I knew a farmer who effectively got paid for having his tillable acreage increased! Perhaps there was a similar arrangement up here (parts of the A9?).

#22 ProDave

ProDave

Self build in the Highlands

• Moderators
  • 5,960 posts
  • LocationScottish Highlands

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

Hi HMS Owl, welcome to the forum and welcome to the Highlands. It would indeed be interesting to see your endevours in a blog of some sort.

If you are ever over near Alness you are welciome to see the modest little house we are building. Perhaps when I am over that way I might call in, but to be honest although I have seen the tower from the road many times I wouldn't know the way into it.