ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

Connecting Outdoor Camera To A VCR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jonti007

jonti007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

i have voltek CT220 system which when activated interrupts the TV and shows what the camera sees and activates a sounder. There is a way of connecting this system to a VCR but I have never managed this. Has anyone any experience with the Voltek or any alternative system which would do this without brealing the bank
Any help please

#2 Eagerbeaver

Eagerbeaver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

I'm not familiar with the Voltek system but does it connect to the TV by SCART connector? - A rectangular chocolate block type plug with flat pins sticking out of It?

If so, then the switching will be via one of those pins and all you have to do is connect up to a VCR which records from an external source which I'm pretty sure most do.

The down side of using a VCR is that the recording heads are usually asleep and when they get the call to start recording, it takes a moment to start up, usually missing the scrote you want to knab.

Edited 'scart' for 'start'

Edited by Nickfromwales, 27 September 2014 - 07:59 AM.

#3 temp

temp

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,200 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

Google found the set up instructions..

http://www.voltek.co...CT220/index.htm

It looks like the CT220 has the ability to learn the IR commands that your VCR/DVDR remote uses and replay them to control recording. It appears to use SCART as EagerBeaver suggests for the actual video.

#4 SteamyTea

SteamyTea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,322 posts
  • LocationCornwall

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

I went from Betamax to DVD.
Are there Linux drivers for the camera, then with the bit of free software (motion, which may the the drivers in it), you can make your own very easily and cheaply.