ebuild is sad to announce its closure - it has become too time and resource intensive to develop, manage and maintain.

However, ebuild will remain on-line in archive mode (ie no posting facilties) for several weeks so that users can use it as an information resource.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jakeclarke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

need a nice lock for my metal shed, just seen an [deleted] one, [link removed as possible spam] has anyone got any idea if this is right for shed use? will it last in the rain? if not what one do i need? thanks

Moderator note:

Jake, Your enquiry about this padlock might be genuine, but I've deleted the name and hyperlink as it appears to be spam for the manufacturer of that product.

Edited by jsharris, 15 November 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#2 jsharris

Please ignore all posts by me, some are erroneous

• Member Blogger
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts
  • LocationWiltshire/Dorset border

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

As an honest answer to your question, then yes, that would be a reasonable choice, but as it's a steel padlock (good for security) it would probably benefit from being regularly given a squirt of something to keep internal corrosion at bay. Although less secure, I'm a fan of big brass padlocks on sheds, as they don't rust up and are usually secure enough for the job. Proper brass padlocks, with all brass internals, are, regrettably, getting harder to find. 99% of the brass padlocks I've seen lately have had nasty steel internals that rust up within a few weeks of use outside.

#3 temp

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 10,200 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

Make sure the shed door is strong enough. Many are pretty flimsy. If you can bend the door out at the top or bottom think about two lock.

#4 oz07

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

rimlock instead, easy to fit.